We’re excited to announce that Mobile Guardian’s September 2020 Release is live.
It might feel like the world has altogether stopped turning these last few months, but here at Mobile Guardian, we’ve been working harder than ever to create value for you, our user.
Besides our September release, we’ve recently launched our $1 million COVID-19 software grant, our referral program and took home two new product awards for remote learning and technology from Spaces4Learning.
Naturally, the shifting education landscape has been at the forefront of our minds and this release focuses on solving some of the challenges that teachers face when it comes to remote and blended learning.
Our Standout 2.1.3 Release Features
Perfect for assessment, Modes will allow teachers to create a testing or focused learning environments on Android, ChromeOS and iOS devices that students won’t be able to exit. Set exactly which apps, content and websites students may access.
Application Usage Report
The Application Usage Report will help schools with Chromebooks and Android devices understand which applications students use the most. IT Administrators can choose to build their own reports or use pre-defined reports, which they may export for clear insight into student behaviour.
In-App Browsing Activity
In-App Browsing Activity, a star feature of our Chromebook Classroom Manager, is now available for iOS & Android. Providing a deeper layer of insights into the browsing behaviour of students within the Mobile Guardian App.
Additional new features:
- Teachers | Start of Class URL
A popular feature of our Chromebook Classroom Manager is now available for Android & iOS. Teachers will be able to send students to a specific URL or landing page at the start of a class.
- School | User Invites
Schools have the ability to send or resend an invitation to any of their users on the Mobile Guardian dashboard.
- Chromebook | Roster Sync
District Administrators can now sync rosters based on active teachers at each school, at the district level. Allowing District Administrators to manage roster synchronisation per teacher with ease.
- Entire Interface | User Experience Boost
Intuitive, teacher-approved, enhancements to the User Experience that make our solution quick to grasp and even more easy-to-use.
- School | iOS
- Lockdown enrolment to specified channels
- Android | Classroom | Class Start Landing Page
- Teachers will be able to send students on Android devices to a specific URL when they join at the start of a class.
- Android | My catalogue content
- In an active class when a teacher pushes content, the device receives a content notification and it will automatically open up the content
- Android | Teacher | Class Start
- When a student joins a class on an Android device, they will be automatically redirected to the Mobile Guardian browser so that they are ready to participate within this class.
- iOS | Teacher | Class Start
- When a student joins a class on an iOS device, they will be automatically redirected to the Mobile Guardian browser so that they are ready to participate within this class.
- iOS | Classroom | Class Start Landing Page
- Teachers will be able to send students on iOS devices to a specific URL, when they join at the start of a class.
- Teacher | Screenshare | Failed device connections
- Your Classroom Management dashboard will now display icons to indicate if a device is still connecting to the class, or if the connection to a device has been lost.
- If no connection is made after a certain time, the dashboard will attempt to start a low-resolution, fallback mechanism on the device
- If the fallback mechanism has been activated the video feed (or icons) will be replaced by screenshot images of the device screen, updated every 2-3 seconds
- Teacher | Active Class UX
- Changes to the User Experience that make our solution quick to grasp and even more easy-to-use for teachers.
Google Drive Integration
Google Drive Integration will allow teachers to quickly and easily share documents stored within Google Drive to devices in their class.
If you’d like to see these features in action and discover how Mobile Guardian can empower teachers and safeguard students in your school, fill out our demo booking form and we’ll be in touch. Alternatively, test it out for yourself and sign up for a free, 14-day trial.
We’re proud to have Mobile Guardian’s 2020 September release live and in the wild, and know you’ll enjoy all these new features!
The Mobile Guardian Team