If you’d like to find out how to block Instagram on your child’s phone, then you’re in the right place. This post is a quick, step-by-step for Mobile Guardian parents who would like to use the app to block Instagram and other social media sites. Please note that this feature is device-specific and in the case of iOS devices, will only work on supervised iOS devices. If you would like to set your iOS device to supervised mode, please follow this guide.
Children can either log into Instagram using the official app for iPhone and Android, or through the web browser.
Here’s how to block Instagram on your child’s phone.
Block Instagram access through the web browser:
1. Open your Mobile Guardian dashboard
2. Click on web security settings
3. Enter “www.instagram.com” in the blacklist websites section
4. Hit the save button
Block Instagram app on iPhone or Android phones:
You can either completely block the Instagram app, or you can use the timetable feature to schedule when your child can access it.
1. Open the Mobile Guardian dashboard
2. Go to Application Security Settings
3. View all the apps installed on the phone or device
4. Scroll down and select Instagram
a. Select block to block it completely
b. Select scheduled to limit when the app is used
Team Mobile Guardian