How to block YouTube on your child’s phone
This post explains how to block YouTube from your child’s phone, using Mobile Guardian . Mobile Guardian enables parents to create safe and secure online environments whenever their child is learning or playing online. Please note that this feature is device-specific and in the case of iOS devices, will only work on supervised iOS devices. If you would like to set your iOS device to supervised mode, please follow this guide.
There are 2 ways that a child can access YouTube on their mobile device. Either through the YouTube website, or using their app. It’s worth mentioning that the YouTube app is often pre-installed on devices, and it’s a good idea to double-check installed before you hand it over.
Block YouTube via the web browser
1. Go to the web security settings on your Mobile Guardian dashboard
2. Type “www.youtube.com” into the blacklist websites section
3. Click the save icon
Block YouTube app
You can either use the timetable in Mobile Guardian to schedule certain times for YouTube access, or you can block the Youtube app altogether.
1. Open your Mobile Guardian dashboard
2. Click on application security settings to see the apps installed on the device
3. Scroll down and select YouTube and either:
a. Block the app completely
b. Select ‘scheduled’ to limit when YouTube is used