How to block Twitter
Are you a Mobile Guardian Parent? Do you want to block Twitter on your child’s phone to stop them tweeting up a storm, or seeing inappropriate updates? If so, then you are in the right place. If you’re not already a Mobile Guardian parent, sign up to get alerts about our Parent app, or visit our site to find out more.
Let’s start, there are two ways your child can get onto Twitter. Twitter can be accessed through the phone’s web browser, or through apps like Twitter for iPhone, Twitter for Android or Tweetbot.
How to block Twitter through the web browser
1. Open your Mobile Guardian dashboard
2. Go to the web security settings page
3. In the blacklist websites section, enter “www.twitter.com”
4. Click save!
Block Twitter apps
To completely block access to Twitter:
1. Open the Mobile Guardian dashboard
2. Navigate to application security settings
3. View the apps installed on the device
4. Scroll down, select all the Twitter apps and either:
a. Block them completely
b. Or select ‘scheduled’ to limit when they are used
To block inappropriate sites, or other social media apps like Snapchat, Facebook or Youtube on your child’s phone, follow the steps above.