It goes without saying that 2020 has been an incredibly challenging year for educators. Recognising these challenges, Mobile Guardian wishes to provide support through our COVID-19 Relief Grant. Designed to assist educators and IT administrators get the most out of their mobile device program, Mobile Guardian supports distance learning and remote classrooms with Chromebooks, iPads and Android tablets. Most importantly, the cloud-based solution keeps students safe online.
In recent months, discussions on mobile device strategy have become ubiquitous in districts across North America. Devices offer incredible opportunities for engaged and personalized learning, and immersive lessons in both virtual and physical classrooms. However, there are a number of hurdles to consider:
- How do students spend their time on devices?
- How do you secure, school-owned devices that are going home with students?
- How do students spend their time during class and how can teachers take action without waiting for the IT department to assist?
- How can teachers create a focused, academic environment in students’ homes?
- How do parents feel about these devices going home?